.........Home | bio | Longer | What is Esquire's Cocktail of the Week? | contact: joseph.mailander@gmail.com ........... ... ...

Sunday, March 13, 2011

in the shotglass


JM, Cazadores

An occasional feature in which we simply pour something outstanding into our favorite shotglass, a gift from a special someone.


Next door lives a doctor, but I take most of my medical advice from Achileo, who helps me with the garden.

"Achileo," I said today. "I'm sick!"

"Oh," he said. "Where's Lynn?"

"In Thai Town, getting some lemon grass. She wants the livia moved to the back."

"Oh. You know where in the back?"

"No."

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"Bronchitis," I said. "A little."

"Oh. Shot of tequila is good," he said.

"Cazadores!" I said.

I shut the door. We have a bottle of Cazadores Reposado on hand. I poured some into the Lesbian Shotglass and sprinkled some salt on the rim. Then I cut a lime wedge and gave it a squeeze and plunked it in the glass.

I feel much better already. Much better.

Rx, late winter bronchitis:
Cazadores Tequila
lime wedge
salt
Lesbian shotglass
Try.

No comments: