Clancy's, doing the martini right. Photo: me, 1.27.09
You likely already know too much about me. Yet here are seven more things you don't know about me, at the request of Rodger Jacobs.
- My favorite sandwich in town is the catfish sandwich at 410 Boyd.
- My favorite swim trunks are Billabongs, because they have a bottle opener built into the pocket comb.
- My favorite martini in town is a Beefeater martini at Clancy's Crab Broiler in Glendale, complete with enormous water back and gin pony in an ice bath (see above).
- My favorite dive bar is Dave's in Glendale. Truly deplorable, situated next to a pawn shop called "Once a Pawn a Time." Conveniently catecorner to the Glendale Police Department.
- My favorite bartender in town is Fernando at Taix, and he has been for over twenty years, and I'll bet he still doesn't know my name, and I am sure he is fifty times more friendly towards me than anyone who does.
- My favorite drink in town is Fernando's sazerac. It would be perfect with the catfish at 410 Boyd. You'd never need to go to New Orleans in March again.
- On at least every other birthday I have a rare New York steak and a martini at Taylor's in La Canada.